Monday, September 15, 2008

neat creatures



I have seen alot of cool and beautiful creatures this year so far. And hopefully Steve and I will be able to continue to live here in Washburnville so that we can continue to see these neat creatures and many others. So far this year I have seen the king snake which is covered in black, white, and red stripes, and is very rare (no worries it is different than the deadly coral snake that is very simalar looking ).
I have also seen lots of lizards, they are all over our yard. I saw one the other day that was
missing part of its tail. Steve, our friend Chris, and I went to a
lake on independance day and saw lots of
little tiny frogs ( it is very common to see toads in the evenings and at night but they are not the same thing as the little frogs we saw at the lake). I have seen some metallic blue wasps ( I actually don't know if they are wasps but they kind of
look like them) especially since moving to washburnville. When Steve and I were at Steve's parents house we saw a stick bug in his dads shop. At first Steve's dad ( Wayne ) actually thought the stick bug was a stick. some of my favorite creatures I have been seeing lately are actually the realy pretty moths. I have seen so many pretty moths this year! I have seen a beautiful pale green moth, moths that have black fuzzy heads with black leopard spots on their wings and pink inner wings, and I have seen moths with red fuzzy heads and brown spots on their wings ( these ones are larger than the ones with the black spots on their wings ). I have also seen lots of Scorpions this year, because me and Stephen's yard is covered in them. No, I would definetely rather not have any scorpions around, but I look on the bright side, at least we have a poisen that kills them well and they havn't been a problem for us, we have only had one in our bathroom and that is before we sprayed poisen. I am also happy that the scorpions around here are not deadly ( THANK HEAVEN FOR THAT ), it would only hurt realy realy realy realy bad if you got pinched by one and maybe make you ill for a while. They may be everywhere but they are not big enough of a problem that I even worry about Mandy and Stinker being outside. Mandy and Stinker havn't been stung bye one ( and if they have been stung I havn't noticed, but I think I would notice because they would probably be whining or crying or nursing the sting ) and I don't think they will unless they purposely try to piss one off, and I don't think they will. It is also a lucky thing that scorpions only come out at night, and sometimes Steve will go out at night with his black light and kill them. I do find it extremely extremely cool how they apear under a black light, they turn a fluorescent blue!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really cool! Those moths sound pretty. Next time I come down I'll have to take a look at the scorpions. You forgot to mention you saw bats!!

Robin Holt said...

Oh yes I did see bats!

Lisa said...

I loved reading about all those creatures and especially seeing the photos!!! I can't believe you're holding that snake!!! And the scorpion thing is really cool - hopefully we'll be able to see sometime when we come visit...

Michelle said...

Robin, the Wild Child, living in the bountiful wilderness. She is one with nature along with her eternal companion Steven. Together they have exciting adventures in the boonies of their own backyard. He he, forgive my silliness. Your life is so different from my own and it sounds fascinating

Anonymous said...

I loved all of the pictures and stories! We have wildlife here in West Texas but it's still not Utah! Thanks for the post-quite cool. Dylan now wants a blue scorpian-go figure!