Monday, September 15, 2008

neat creatures part 2


I forgot to mention two more neat creatures in my last post so I will tell you about them now. I have seen alot of bats this year! Just the other day Stephen was outside in the front yard in the dark, and he felt something fly past him, so he went inside and got the flashlight. He went back outside and turned the flaslight on and saw hundreds of bats swarming our yard! He then brought me outside with the flashlight off and asked me if I noticed anything different about our front yard, and I said no. Then he turned the flash light back on and I noticed all the bats! We stood out there with the flashlight on for a very very long time and watched the bats. The moths were attracted to our flash light so they would fly realy close to us and the bats would fly down and catch them. Alot of times the bats came less than six inches away from our body's, maybe even closer sometimes! Every time a bat would come close I would giggle my head off because of the thrilling, excited, and startled feeling that would rush through my body. I was probably keeping the neighbors awake, but Steve and I were having tons of fun with the bats!!!! It was a blast! Its one of the big highlights of this year, because it was just so cool!! There were so many bats that night because it had been cold for some days before and so the bugs were not out for a while. Once it started to warm up again the bugs finally came out and so the bats were eating them like crazy. I have also seen alot more owls this year than usuall. There has even been an owl that was sitting on top of Steve's parents hill and the sun hadn't even gone down yet. Another cool owl experiance is when Steve and I were driving in the car at night and we looked out the window and saw an owl flying along side us not that far away.

6 comments:

Tom said...

That's cool stuff, Robin.

Michelle said...

Wow, that is awesome!

Michelle said...

Tag!!! Hehe, go to my blog for further details

Anonymous said...

Wow! Neat entry- I just love wild life! Oh and by the way you've been tagged twice... go to my blog if you haven't been to Michelles.

Unknown said...

I wish I was there for all of it! I was just thinking...what kind of bats were they? Do you know? Anyhoo, stop having so much fun without me! Tee hee!

Robin Holt said...

We think its probably the bat that I have a picture of posted with this blog ( actually not that ugly of a bat).... but we are't completely sure. I can't remember the name of it.