Tuesday, September 9, 2008

locked out


This morning I went outside in the backyard to feed Mandy and Stinker. After I had finished filling their dishes with food I went to open the door to go back inside the house, but the door wouldn't open! I had accidentally locked myself out of the house and all of the other doors were locked too! I felt so intensly panicked it was insane. I was locked outside with no key, no cell phone, and I was wearing my robe with no pajamas underneath , just underwear. I didn't know at all what to do, but I soon realized that I could just walk over to the neighbors and ask to use their phone. I walked over to the neighbors and rang the doorbell hoping they were home, and luckily they were and I hadn't woken them up, they were already awake having coffee. It wasn't to awkward or uncomfortable because they are a realy nice older couple and I had already met the husband. They were very nice and invited me in and I called Stephen who was at work ( and had arrived there not long ago) and asked him to come home and unlock the house for me. Steve came home and unlocked the door for me and then went back to work. It was all a very interesting way to start out my day!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Getting locked out stinks. Especially when you lock yourself out. Last summer, Gabe and I went outside to play and I shut the door without unlocking it, and right after thought, "OH CRAP!" We did have a spare key outside, in the garage. So I ended up having to climb up the outside garage wall, push open a window that had been painted shut, and then into a pile of wood that I'm convinced has spiders living in it. Needless to say we put the spare key somewhere a little more accessable!!!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry!!! : ) I feel for you. I'm notorious for locking myself out of things...

Unknown said...

Good one Robin. Once is okay but if you do it again I might make fun of you for the rest of your life....

Robin Holt said...

Yes and I won't blame you!

Michelle said...

I have done that before. It's so embarrasing.

Anonymous said...

Cute Blog! I've locked myself out in my underwear before- it is a moment that you just want to die! I'm sorry you've now lived that.