Friday, November 13, 2009

crazy weekend

Last weekend was a very busy one. First of all there was a lot of yard work to do. In the summer the weeds in me and Stephen's yard got really bad really fast! There were so many weeds in our yard that it was like a huge weed forest, and they all came extremely fast. I would work very hard on getting rid of them while Stephen was at work and got rid of a bunch of weeds, but because there was such a rediculous amount of them in our yard , the yard still looked like a weed forest and I knew that I was going to need some help getting rid of them. The worst part is that all the weeds that were in our yard were full of really sharp thorns, and everytime I would weed I would get large itchy red rashes on my arms. Last weekend Stephen, Stephen's parents, and I got a chance to get together and work on the yard together ; we pulled and burned the weeds. Steve's parents came over again yesterday and helped me get rid of almost all of the rest of the weeds.

Sunday morning Stephen discovered that there was a big puddle of water on the floor by our refrigerator. Our refrigerator had broken and it was not repairable. We went to Home Depot to buy a fridge and when we got there we realized that we had forgotten to measure our old refrigerator! So Steve and I got back into our truck and went home to measure. When we went back to Home depot we told the sales person the measurements and he showed us which refrigerators would fit in our kitchen. So we bought a fridge and got it in our house and found out that our refrigerator was barely to big to fit in our fridge space! Steve's dad came over and modified our counter so that we could fit the fridge in our kitchen ( Wayne was a carpenter for years so he does very good at this kind of work ). The new refrigerator is finally installed and everything is all good now. I am realy thankful to Wayne and Janet for helping Steve and I out so much!

No comments: