Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fun filled April and May!























































On my birthday Stephen took a half a day off of work so that we could hang out together. I decided that I wanted to go for a hike, so Stephen took me to a really neat canyon with lots of really beautiful red rock landscape and a big beautiful river. We also saw two very large eagle nests tucked into the cliffs. We hiked alot and took many pictures.

This past weekend Steve, Steve's dad Wayne, Steve's brother Jeff, Jeff's wife Cami, Cami's brother Andrew, and I all went camping in the Henry mountains. Wayne, Stephen, and I all went hiking, and Jeff, Cami, and Andrew drove around in their car and rode around on their ATV's. Wayne Steve and I all went hiking hoping to find some deer sheds but were not successful. We may not have found any deer antlers but we still had fun. We were also hoping to see some bison, but we only saw a couple of dead ones. I did find a realy cute little Horny toad and I held it for a while as we hiked. The Horny toad I found has very beautiful coloring, it has mostly yellow skin with bits of red in some spots. Stephen also took me to a spot where he had found a large peice of a dinosaur bone some years back, and it was still there. The peice of bone looked like it was probably the ball joint on the dinosaur's leg.

Jeff, Cami, and Andrew found two very large petrified trees! They also found a petrified stump of a tree which is probably a peice of one of the big trees. It's just so amazing looking at these huge petrified trees sitting in the desert!

Stephen and I have been hiking alot in the last couple of months. We love hiking and we have found a lot of elk antlers and some deer antlers. We have also seen many elk on our hikes. I absolutely love seeing wildlife in the mountains and I realy enjoyed hearing the owl hooting on one of the hikes we were on not so long ago. I found my first elk antler this year ( I realize that probably seems totally unexciting to most people but it is exciting to me ), and the best part is that I did't find just one, I found two, and they are a set! I was very excited about it because I had been trying to find an elk antler for a few years. I saw a big Bull snake on one of the hikes we went on and I caught it ; it's the first snake I have caught. Steve and I love finding snakes and holding them ( no worries we only hold the safe ones that arn't venomous)! Bull snakes are very docile snakes and I think they are quite beautiful.

Stephen and I went for a four wheeler ride Sunday evening. We went up in the mountains up above Steve's parent's house and then took a beautiful scenic way home. We saw a Bull snake on the dirt road we were driving on, so Steve picked it up and we held it for a while and then went and moved it to a safer spot.

I completely love the outdoors! My life feels so full and beautiful when I am out enjoying nature with Stephen! We see and experiance so many wonderful and neat things! I also absolutely love summer time. I feel like when it's summer time I truly come alive and my mood gets such a big lift!
Oh and about the cowboy hats that we are wearing in the pictures...... please don't make fun of us for wearing those because we only bought them to wear on hikes to help prevent us from getting sun burn while we hike for hours in the sun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Robin, I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying life.

Unknown said...

Sweet dino bones! I wish I could see it. And petrified trees! Sweetness! I think you finding antlers is flaming cool. You go girl. I'm glad you're having some good fun :)