Sunday, December 21, 2008

alot of Christmas fun







Last week was full of Christmas like fun. On Thursday Steve and I got our Christmas tree and had alot of fun decorating it. We didn't buy enough garland for the tree so it looks realy silly, but we are keeping it on there because it adds sparkle. We actually didn't think we were going to have a Christmas tree this year because we were having a hard time finding the time to go cut one down and we didn't feel like spending a bunch of money on a fake one. We were actually going to get a bunch of antlers that Stephen and I have found in the mountains and tie them together to look like an antler Christmas tree, ( I think that's a cool idea, Steve came up with it ) but then we found out that my sister in law's parents went and cut down a Christmas tree for us! My sister inlaw Cami had asked her parents to get one for us, because she knew we didn't have one.

On Friday we went to Stephen's work Christmas party. The party was kind of fun, but near the end of it everyone decided to play Guitar hero and that didn't sound fun to Stephen and I so that's when we decided to leave the party and go home.

On Saturday we went to the Holt family Christmas party. At the party there was a dinner and then everyone opened white elephant gifts. We had alot of fun at that party. The white elephant gifts that Steve and I got are a box of Cordial cherries milk chocolate's, a box of little candy canes, a little nativity scene, and a small stuffed Santa. I hung the candy canes on the Christmas tree today.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's good to hear that you are having a good Christmas. Missed you at the Spencer party. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the 26th!

Robin Holt said...

Oh I know I called mom yesterday and she told me you were all having a party. I wish I could have been there! Steve needed to work that day anyway though. I lovd hearing people sing to me over the phone! (:

Lisa said...

I LOVE your Xmas tree! I sure miss you guys! And if you ever want to go to the Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park, you can come stay with us and we'll go with you!!