Thursday, August 7, 2008

A new house and a new cat



Stephen and I have finally moved into the house we are buying and we love it! Our house is a nice home, and we have a view of the entire valley and the mountains as our backyard, it is absolutely wonderful! I must also mention that I am very happy to finally have a dishwasher ( an exremely nice one ) , no more hand washing all of the dishes!
A few days before we moved into our new house, my sister-in-law Kriselle came over to help me box stuff up to get ready to move. That night when Kriselle was sitting in her car getting ready to go home, Steve and I saw a kitten sitting behind the wheel of her car ( thank heaven Kriselle hadn't drove off yet )! We got the kitty safetly away from Kriselle's car and she drove off. That following morning I heard desperate meow's outside. I walked out and saw the same kitten up in the top of a very tall tree and he was too frightened to come down. Steve and I kept encouraging him to come down and he eventually got enough courage to climb slowly down the tree. Ever since that he thought that he belonged to us. The kitten would run into our house every time we left our door open and he never left the yard. Since he didn't have a home we decided to keep him. We have named him Stinker because he acts like a little stinker, especially with all the trouble he got himself into! Stinker and Mandy love eachother so so so much! Stinker acts like Mandy is his mom and follows her everywhere, it is realy adorable. I love that they have eachother because they love eachothers company.

11 comments:

Tom said...

That's a happy story. I miss cats so much.

Warren said...

Please show some pictures of your new house on your blog. Would love to see them.

Robin Holt said...

As soon as I get pics of the house I will definetly post some on here.

Michelle said...

That is a sweet Cat story. I'm happy that you are happy in your home. Sigh, I want a home.

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the house and the pets, Robin! I'm so glad Mandy has a happy home with you.

Unknown said...

Ah, that is too cute. I really want to see Stinker. I'm so happy for Mandy too. I know she doesn't really miss us but she might miss our cats so it's good for her to have one out there. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story, cute pets and dito what Warren said.

Brenda Bowen Wright said...

Oh my gosh, I just found your Blog! Wahoo! I'll have to send pictures so your cat and dog can meet their cousins; our two cats, Pollyanna Pennecoose and Timmy T. Katz. Now don't you wish you'd have made the name more noble than just "stinker"? How about Stinkus Aurelius! Can't wait to see your new house, Grandpa Bowen and I snuck up there and saw the outside a couple of days before you closed on it. It surely looks wonderful! Congrats! ---Auntie Brenda

Robin Holt said...

He he! Stinkus Aurelius is a cool name!

Anonymous said...

Our kitties do match! Wierd. Owen and I hope that all is well in new house land!

Robin Holt said...

All is absolutely wonderful in our new house, We love it! Thank you.